Well, I had planned to post a completely different recipe today. Had the post all ready to be posted at 11am this morning. Late last night, I cancelled it. If you follow my frequent updates on Facebook, you know that last evening I posted about craving dill and all the comments started about being pregnant. Oh. My. Word. If I am.....well, that is beside the point. I blame it on having made a cucumber dill dip the day before and devouring it. I went to check if I could scrape anymore of the dip from the sides of the container, but much to my dismay, I had already put it in the sink to be washed. Poo. So, I went on a scavenger hunt to find some dill weed in my local (non-Supercenter) Walmart, a Big Lots, and a $.99 cent store in order to make my own homemade recipe of dill dip (dill weed, sour cream, Worcestershire sauce and lemon juice perhaps?). Much to my disappointment, none of them carried dill weed. I'm thinking, COME ON! How hard can that be to carry DILL WEED?
I posted again today inquiring about where to find dill weed since it wasn't in my cheaper markets. I'm headed to Trader Joe's and Sprouts tonight to find some. I also figured that in lieu of making my own recipe and having it turn out like crap, that I'd search one out and adjust it to my taste.
Here is what I found! I plan on making it for dinner tonight, so I'll post an update and let you know how it tasted! If you try it, let us know how you like it!
Dill Vegetable Dip
Ingredients
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
Directions
Combine the first six ingredients; mix well. Cover and refrigerate
*Note: I plan to leave out the mayo, because I detest its flavor. I also plan to use 1 tablespoon of dried onion flakes instead of a fresh finely chopped onion.
No comments:
Post a Comment