Friday, June 8, 2012

Recipe Friday: Banana's Foster

So, I've not gotten too much feed back on the categories, but I decided to make Friday's my blog posting day. It's usually my meal planning day for the following week in my family, and it's the day that I will usually have the most down time in the evening.
I normally will not be posting foods that contain alcohol. I actually am hesitant to do so, but I figure, we're mature adults here and if you choose to use it, fine, if not, fine. Besides, most of the time the alcohol is boiled out of the liquid while cooking.
What better food to start with than a bananas foster dessert! Yummy!
I'm already breaking one of my rules here by not having tried it yet, but hey, we're moving this month and I've been craving sweets. Though I've not tried it, it sounds DELICIOUS! This recipe is from Crockpot.com's site, and you can find more details about it here.



Ingredients
12 bananas, cut into quarters
1 cup flaked coconut
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup dark corn syrup
2/3 cup butter, melted
2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
1/4 cup lemon juice
2 teaspoons rum
12 slices pound cake
1 quart vanilla ice cream

Preparation
Combine bananas and coconut in CROCK-POT® slow cooker.
Stir together cinnamon, salt, corn syrup, butter, lemon peel, lemon juice and rum in medium bowl. Pour over bananas. Cover; cook on LOW 1 to 2 hours.
Arrange bananas on pound cake slices. Top with ice cream and pour on warm sauce.

12 servings

The website also states that the slow cooker size should be around 5-5.5 quarts. I've found that anything larger will also do just fine, but anything smaller, you may have to adjust your serving size and amounts to the correct size of your crockpot.

If you try it, leave a comment and let us know how it turned out!!

Also, if you want to submit a recipe, let me know. I've already got one ready for next week!! (Thanks Andrew!)

No comments:

Post a Comment