Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Tutoring services in the works....

So, after many frustrating scheduling conflicts with my current retail position, and the realization that I am STILL not utilizing my 4-year-turned-8-year college degree, I decided to do something about it!
As if I didn't have enough going on with our wedding just 38 (almost 37) days away, I decided to get started with a tutoring business. Thanks to Vista-Print, I have 250 business cards and a website to begin working on going live. Once it is live, you can bet that I will post it on here. My idea is that during the summer, kids "veg" in front of the TV, losing valuable time that could be spent keeping on top of their studies, or at least the knowledge they learned during the school year.
I'm going to post my prices and services on here, mainly for input, and if you feel I should modify them, just let me know how. I'm completely open because this hasn't officially taken off the ground yet.

K-5 grades tutoring available in all subjects: $30/hour
6-8 grades tutoring available in all subjects: $35/hour
9-12 grades tutoring available in most subjects: $40/hour
9-12 SAT/ACT 6 week boot camp (1 hour per day 3 days per week for 6 weeks) $150 (comes out to slightly more than $8/hr!)

Too much? Too little? What do ya'll think? Those of you who HAVE tutoring services, please provide input. Those of you in OC, if you know of anyone who might could benefit from tutoring, have them email me at Shaffer.Tutoring.K12@gmail.com

I'm hoping that by the time we leave April 3rd for our wedding that I can finally QUIT the retail world for good! It'll help if I have at least 3 students per week by then.

I have more that I want to write, but I tend to write TOO much! I'll save my wedding update/progress post for the next time. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment